Children in Care Council
There are two Children in Care Councils (CICC) and a care leavers Coffee Drop in Halton.
- The CICC is a group of children and young people who want to make changes for children in care.
- The Senior group for those in care aged 13+ meet every first Thursday of the month and the Juniors aged 7 – 12 meet on a Wednesday morning in each school holiday.
- Care Leavers Coffee Drop is an opportunity to learn new skills in a comfortable and relaxed venue. The drop in is for those in care or have left care 16 years and over.
The Children in Care Council’s have been involved in making a difference to others in care. They have been involved in planning the celebration events, looking at support in school/college, attending regional and national meetings, taking part in professional meetings and interviewing new members of staff for the children in care team, children in need teams and fostering team. If you would like to find out more or are interested in joining or attending a meeting, please contact Sarah Jones, Participation and Inclusion Officer on 0151 511 6091, mobile 0782 412 4948 or email [email protected]
- Thursday 7th November 2019
- Decemeber – TBC
- Wednesday 30th October
Care Leavers Group
- 12th November – Widnes
- 20th November – Runcorn
- 3rd December – Widnes
- 18th December – Runcorn
- Speak to your Social Worker or Personal Advisor for more information