Children in Care Council
There are two Children in Care Councils (CICC) and a care leavers Coffee Drop in Halton.
- The CICC is a group of children and young people who want to make changes for children in care.
- The Senior group for those in care aged 13+ meet every first Thursday of the month and the Juniors aged 7 – 12 meet on a Wednesday morning in each school holiday.
- Care Leavers Coffee Drop is an opportunity to learn new skills in a comfortable and relaxed venue. The drop in is for those in care or have left care 16 years and over.
The Children in Care Council’s have been involved in making a difference to others in care. They have been involved in planning the celebration events, looking at support in school/college, attending regional and national meetings, taking part in professional meetings and interviewing new members of staff for the children in care team, children in need teams and fostering team. If you would like to find out more or are interested in joining or attending a meeting, please contact:
- Steph Birchall Tel; 0151 511 7130
- Mobile; 07468 709 574
- Email; [email protected]
- Thursday 5th March- 4:30pm-6:30pm
- Thursday 2nd April- 4:30pm-6:30pm
- Thursday 7th May- 4:30pm-6:30pm
- Thursday 4th June- 4:30pm-6:30pm
- Thursday 2nd July- 4:30pm-6:30pm
- Thursday 10th September – 4:30pm-6:30pm
- Thursday 1st October- 4:30pm-6:30pm
- Thursday 5th November- 4:30pm-6:30pm
- Wednesday 8th April – 10:30am-1pm
- Wednesday 27th May- 10:30am-1pm
- Wednesday 29th July- 10:30am-1pm
- Wednesday 28th October – 10:30am-1pm